Saint Stephen Parish - Framingham Massachusetts, USA, Chatolic Parish, Church
Framingham Massachusetts 01702.
Mondays - Saturdays 8:00 AM
Saturdays 4:00 PM
Sundays 7:00 AM y 9:00 AM
Espanol: Domingos 11 AM
Rev. Francisco J. Anzoátegui
Rev. Albert H. Stankard
Rev. Gabino O. Macias, Parochial Vicar
Guy J. Spiri
Pedron L. Torres
Alfredo Nieves and Mrs. Maria Nieves
Religious Education Coordinator:
James. J. Drummey
Assistant Coordinator: María M. Nieves
Building and Ground Supervisor:
The Truth About the Crusades
With the President saying that the current atrocities committed against Christians by Islamic terrorists are no different from the Crusades, when “people committed terri-ble deeds in the name of Christ,” there is a need to correct this falsehood. Here are some facts about the Crusades:
- The Crusades were a defensive war against Muslim jihadists who for 450 years had been slaughtering Christians while waging an offensive war against Jerusalem and other holy places where Jesus walked.
- Christians from the time of St. Paul had spread the Faith peacefully and prayerfully throughout the Middle East, North Africa, and southern Europe, but the Muslims, beginning in the seventh century, overran those Christian lands with the sword.
- Mohammed, the founder of Islam who died in 632, had told his followers “to fight all men until they say, ‘There is no god by Allah.’ ”
- Pope Urban II organized the First Crusade in 1095, and the Crusaders recaptured Jerusalem in 1099, but the holy city fell again to the Muslims in 1187.
- Some Crusaders committed criminal and sinful actions, but the great majority of them marched with the highest motives, fighting and dying out of love for Christ.
- The Crusades ended in 1291, but the Muslim jihad has continued until the present day, and we are witnessing its genocide of Christians on our TV screens.
- There may exist moderate Muslims, but the Islamic ideology is not moderate. One of its leading spokes-man in the United States said in 1998: “The Koran should be the highest authority in America and Islam the only accepted religion on earth.”
From the Facebook Fan Page
Saint Stephen Parish - Parroquia San Esteban